Sunday, June 12, 2011

City Dog Pack's dog walkers and the competition.

Being a dog walker in NYC is a great job.  I absolutely love coming to work everyday.  I get great exercise while I hang out with amazing dogs all day.  All of the dog walkers in the City Dog Pack team consider it a privilege to work with dogs.  We enjoy walking our dogs in groups of 2 to 3 dogs as you can see in the pictures on the left, so that we can give our dogs individual attention.  Walking dogs in small groups gives us the opportunity to get to know each dog individually.  Other than walking dogs in small groups, another one of our big rules is that we never allow our dogs to wait outside while picking up other dogs.  This is something I see other companies do all the time and it really annoys me.  In the pictures on the right, you'll see dogs tied up to a fence while their dog walker (not from City Dog Pack) picks up another dog.  Some times these dogs will be left there for nearly an hour with one dog walker assigned to as many as 12 dogs!  The dog services business is a big business and the problem is sometimes you have people who start these companies because of the business opportunity and not for their love and knowledge of dogs.  To maximize profits, they hire under qualified personnel, they pay them poor wages, and they have them walk as many dogs they can at one time.  When I see the way these companies operate, I wonder if the dog owners even know how their dogs are walked everyday.  If there is a potential customer who doesn't care how their dog is walked, City Dog Pack is not for them!  We have by far the best dog walkers in NYC and  we take our dogs on structured walks where they will get great exercise and they will socialize with many dogs and people.  As founder of City Dog Pack my goal isn't to have the biggest or most profitable business I can have.  My goal is to provide the best dog walking and training services possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment